- DO NOT TOUCH! Make sure the only time your hands come near your piercing or your jewelry is when you clean it. ALWAYS wash your hands with
antibacterial soap and hot water before you do cleansings. The number one cause of infections in healing piercings is touching it with your dirty hands.
- Be sure to cleanse daily, 2 to 3 times a day until the piercing is fully healed. This may take several weeks or several months! Your piercer will instruct you on how long your new piercing will take to heal.
- Do not remove the jewelry until the piercing is fully healed! Prematurely changing your jewelry can have negative side effects.
- Eat nutritious foods and get adequate rest. The better your diet and lifestyle, the faster and easier your piercing will heal.
- Avoid exposing the piercing to community bodies of water and UV rays for the healing process. Normal showering is fine.
- Ibuprofen can be used to alleviate inflammation, if you are able to take it (along with ice for oral piercings).
Follow us on Instagram: @AsylumStudios
Tattoo artists are available for appointments and/or walk-in* clients
Piercing available for walk-ins* during the following hours:
Sunday - 12:00p - 6:00p
Mon-Thur - 12:00p - 10:00p
Fri-Sat - 12:00p - 12:00a
*Please note that walk in availability is first come first serve, and not always available for tattoos.
Asylum Studios Tattoo & Body Piercing
4179 Electric Rd 4179
Roanoke, VA 24018